Thursday, June 24, 2010

Trois-Rivières municipal council is a bit crazy these days. There was a big protest outside of city hall on Monday. Because the guest seating area was packed, I found myself outside, and consequently in the protest. A local aerobics class with some 40 participants shared the space. This approached surreal.

Dance reminds me that I am good at improvisation but that I need to work even more on being aware of where I bear my weight. I am overjoyed about feeling my muscles again. I must get myself a copy of that amazing Canadian contemporary dance journal, Psoas. I guess that I'll have to publish it first.

We celebrated Québec's national holiday in style. There were 21 of us from work at the Manoir du spaghetti. I drew my immediate neighbours on the paper that serves to protect the tablecloth. They seemed to be happy about that. Supper was with the ex-roommate, followed by a gentle campfire evening on the south shore. The rain was a nice complement to the fire. I think that the mix of smoke, grass, and cat had a detrimental effect on the quality of my sleep. I got to take a nap this afternoon.

Now, I have to spend some time on pamphlet design for an adult employability program. If my graphics skills are not up to par, the risk is that there will be so many more adults unemployed.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment